Some interesting facts that some of you may not know about dear St. Patrick.
1) It is believed that he was born in England, though it could have been Wales or Scotland. He was kidnapped when he was only 16 taken to Ireland and sold into slavery.
2) St. Patrick’s color was actually blue not green.
3) The “snakes” that he drove from Ireland were not snakes at all but people that did not follow the Christian faith.
4) The 17th of March is actually the date of his death.
5) Corned beef and cabbage is not a traditional Irish dish.
6) In Ireland it was a minor religious holiday up until the 1970’s. The holiday as we know it now was created in America.
7) It was not celebrated with getting drunk, stuffing yourself with food and partying into the night. It was spent in quiet prayer in church.
Those are just some of the things that many people do not know about this originally Irish Christian Holiday. So before blindly celebrating a holiday arm yourself with some facts. My thought to truly honour this man if one is so inclined then wear something blue, do not get stinking drunk and if it is what you believe then go to church and say some prayers.